Its been a few weeks since I've posted anything so I thought I would do a quick update on the current progress. Up until last week, I had made pretty good progress on the tag editor and file deletion, but i was waiting on google to release a stable version of some of their libraries. They finally did that so I spent the last week upgrading 3.0 to use androidx/jetpack. The only issue i am seeing so far is a fairly large left hand margin in the preference screen, but i will worry about fixing that later.
Most of the code for the tag editor and file deletion are already written, I just need to put all that code into jobs for the new WorkManager google introduced.
Here is the basic layout of the tag editor (still needs tweaking):
One other thing to note is i made some backend changes to the tagging code to support writing to the composer and lyrics tags, so I do plan on adding that to the UI sometime soon.
Realistically I think Alpha 5 should be ready in about 2 weeks.